The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the focal point for all communications to the customer regarding Contract, Production or Quality issues. Under minimum supervision, performs all duties associated with customer service. These duties include but are not limited to knowledge of the quote process, the customer order/contract review process; order status. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for follow-up and follow-through on all issues with the order and for the notification to the appropriate personnel of customer responses through closure. This includes requests for delivery accelerations and/or decelerations, and any contractual changes. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is also responsible for the management of the customer’s web portals, as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives telephone requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations directly from customers, original equipment manufacturers, and representatives
- Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service
- Uses customer portals, emails, or phone calls to retrieve customer information, stock status information, the status of purchase orders, and to make changes on customer purchase orders
- Ensures that correct codes are used for retrieving and inputting information
- Works closely with expeditor in production control regarding deliveries of scheduled shipments
- Handles the needs of sales representatives and customers around the world
- Prepares forms for price quotations on items and forwards to Management for approval then enters all of the quotation data in to the represented price card
- Checks with accounting concerning credit status of customer when adding a new customer or when a customer has reached his current credit limit
- Maintains files of active orders and posts activity such as change notices, scheduling changes, partial shipments, and credit changes
- Prepares paperwork (original purchase order, copies of invoice, and return goods memo) to be given to Accounting department for credit or debit to be issued
- Upon receipt of an order the CSR is to prepare and complete the “purchase order checklist” and distribute to the appropriate departments
- Follows up on all outstanding quotes and completes the quote log with the appropriate response in the won or lost column
- Provides customers updates on delivery status and notify customer prior to the time of delivery in instances where shipment (s) will be late
- Handles customers tactfully and exercising care and judgment to avoid cancellations and subsequent loss of goodwill and/or profit
- Maintains good customer relations with, and between, Representatives, Customers and internal personnel within the Company’s Engineering and Manufacturing departments
- Establishes and maintains high level of on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Assists with developing new markets and expanding the Company’s customer base
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years progressive customer service experience in related field
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented with sound judgment, great follow-through and initiative
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to be proactive, and work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Hydra-Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Hydra-Electric Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.