The Machine Shop Planner performs a variety of complex planning activities required to attain production objectives. Utilizing various computer applications; plans and schedules jobs for the Machine Shop based on capacity resources and machine availabilities to ensure the most efficient product flow in support of Customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans production work orders based on APS requirements and customers specifications
- Expedites and reschedules open orders to support changes in APS demand and availability of resources
- Works with machine shop supervisor to determine best machine utilization, throughput and raw material usage
- Determines levels of outsourcing jobs based on shop workload
- Maintains status reports
- Works with Master Scheduling and Purchasing to obtain and schedule materials based on backlog and production schedules
- Provides status of orders to customer service and management
- Liaison between all functions to maintain a smooth and efficient material flow
- May review engineering drawings, plans product specifications to determine raw material requirements to support manufacturing schedules
- Works closely with Engineering and Quality to support MRB disposition and implementation
- Works with Engineering and related areas to develop tools and procedures to maximize facility and equipment utilization
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Material Control or a related field
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing operations (CNC, Manual, Etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experienced in Aerospace manufacturing, inventory control and scheduling
- Knowledge of MRP
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be a team player with sound judgment and analytical skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers/suppliers, as well as handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and being detail oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Hydra-Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Hydra-Electric Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.