The Micro-Electronics Assembler II is responsible for performing soldering operations utilizing knowledge of current IPC and J-STD-001 standards to assemble Transducers and populate/rework PCBs on the production floor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles and solders lead wires to terminals and SMD pads
- Performs visual inspection of solder joints per IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 workmanship requirements
- Performs assembly tasks such as potting and curing of adhesives, surface preparation and cleaning
- Assembles electrical and electronic components for top level assemblies, sub-assemblies, and cable assemblies.
- Reads schematic drawings to assemble wiring, electrical components, cables, PCBs, and other mechanical or electrical pieces
- Reads and interprets drawings, diagrams, specifications, manufacturing work instructions, and reports
- Tracks and records information for quality records
- Performs regular maintenance on electronic assembly equipment
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ assembly experience
- J-STD-001 active certification preferred
- Working knowledge of ESD, IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 work requirements
- Basic understanding of electrical components
- Experience soldering surface mount and through-hole components
- Basic understanding of SDS and other Material Data sheets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Hydra-Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Hydra-Electric Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.