The Quality Final Inspector is responsible for ensuring accurate procedures, drawings, specifications and acceptability of all finished products before shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Final inspection of the part(s) top level drawing of modest complexity and scope. Standard assembly procedures and processes are involved, requiring primarily manual dexterity.
- Performs Final Presentation
- Has a working knowledge of First Article Inspection requirements per AS9102
- Requires proficiency in the use of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and comparators
- Must be able to work from specifications, travelers, blueprints and written or verbal instructions
- Responsible for completing all final inspection steps, including review of travelers, documentation including C of C, raw material certs, AS9102, process certs, ATP, etc.
- Performs visual inspection of the products, verifying that all specified requirements have been met prior to shipping
- Knowledge of all related Work Instructions (WI), Quality System Procedures (QSP), forms, AS9100 and Quality Management System (QMS)
- Assignments may include specific assembly processes requiring training, i.e. use of test equipment, welding, soldering
- Knowledge of Receiving Inspection and Machine Shop Inspection Process as required
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma required
- Minimum of two years mechanical/electrical inspection experience in aerospace or related industry
- Works under minimal supervision
- Knows how to use basic inspection tools, must have computer knowledge, ability to read and understand blueprints, government specifications
- Must have a good working knowledge of Geometric Dimensional Tolerancing (GDT) and be proficient in reading blueprints
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Hydra-Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Hydra-Electric Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.