The Shipping Supervisor performs and coordinates activities of employees engaged in packaging and shipping of products to customers and in verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and oversees all outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Ensures that goods are packaged and protected for shipping according to specifications
- Stays up-to-date on Customer Portal requirements and provides training when required
- Reviews shipping notices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet customer schedules
- Acts as main point of contact for all logistic issues including customs calls
- Plans work schedules, assigns duties, and evaluates work for accuracy and conformance to policies
- Works with management to establish and modify department procedures
- Maintains appropriate shipping documentation
- Ensures that adequate departmental staffing is available
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience;
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 5 years Shipping/Packaging or related experience
- Two years of supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of customer portals is a plus (e.g. Exostar, PWC, Honeywell, UTAS)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experienced in Aerospace manufacturing
- Basic Math skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Shipping Clerk
- Company Driver
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Hydra-Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Hydra-Electric Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.