The software programmer is responsible for performing various assignments in support of Sensor Production with the generation of various programs for the manufacturing processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coding and troubleshooting LabVIEW graphical programming language for an Automated Test Systems used in a production environment
- Programmatically manipulates the test system including environmental chambers, meters, Multiplexer unit, and data on a 32-bit and 64-bit system
- Reports generation to Excel format and other Excel manipulation of data
- Reads engineering drawings and programing architecture
- Documentation of functions with comments and VI description within program
- Documentation of functions with separate engineering report
- Performs various production and development tests to determine whether program meets required specifications as to the drawing, acceptance test procedure and other qualified specifications
- Provides feedback on designs of programs and makes corrections as necessary
- Designs other programs as required
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Engineering sciences, Computer software
- BS preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of LabVIEW experience focusing on data acquisition, GUI and instrument control
- Experience with IEEE instrumentation, Data Acquisition equipment driver interface, File structures, Interface to DLL’s, Time sequenced or event driven processes and computation in LabVIEW
- Familiarity with software engineering practices such as use cases, extreme programming or other software development practices
- Training and experience as a technician or Engineer preferred
- Experience in testing and process improvement in a production environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast and changing environment
- Aerospace experience preferred
- Knowledge of other software programming such as VBA, Python or Visual Basic
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Hydra-Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Hydra-Electric Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.